Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday, monday, its here to stay ::::ba-da ba-da-da-da:::::

How about putting your dinner guests in a trance
you will enjoy the pickle
have you ever had fried pickles?

 
 
 

reappropriated organza tube
or napkin rings
any who took the soft gold organza fabric somebody sent me in their potpourri present and cut a piece of elastic to fit snughly around about 5inches. I folded the organza in half lengthways with right side together. I stitched the long sides and turned right side out, threading the elastic through and slip stitched their elastic ends together. I filled the organza tube with my lavender, then slip stitched the open ends, to form a ring of lavender filled organza.


yea
that is the ticket to out fragrant the frickle odor waves

 
Posted by Picasa


I don't think any self-respecting Southerner should actually use the word "frickle."
:)

Have you ever made hot pickles by putting a ¼ cup crushed red pepper to your pickling spice? They do real well fried.




Fried pickles
1 16-ounce jar dill wedges or chips
½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup sifted flour
¼ cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic, crush em
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons of beer/ale
¼ cup yellow mustard
2-3 cups fry oil


Directions:
1. Drain pickles and set aside
2. Mix the cornmeal and flour together; set aside. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, parsley, cayenne, beer and mustard together.
3. Dip pickles into wet mixture and then coat with cornmeal mixture
4. Place pickles on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Heat oil in skillet to 365 degrees.
6. Test-fry one pickle to see if it browns quickly. If so, turn off the pan and wait a few minutes.
7. Gently place pickles one at a time into the hot oil . Do not try to fry too many at a time. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.

2 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

I love to "heat up" a few jars of pickles...I like them hot. I have to say..never have tried or thought to make...fried pickles. Interesting.
We have sunshine today...spring??? I hope so!

Unknown said...

Hey Ellen, I finally found you on Blog again.
I love fried pickles! We had a restaurant in Port Townsend called Macadoos that had the best barbeque ever! They are the only place I have ever found that makes them around here. Can't wait to catch up on your blog. I must begin to do mine again.
Eileen

So you think you can dance?

i love rolled up socks