Friday, May 31, 2019

Adjustment

My day can be adjusted, by taking this moment to smile, relax, listen, especially listening to books while I weed the garden.

I am listening to Once Upon A River.





It is quite a story to remind me, novels spring from my deep human need for a story. In particular, Diane Satterfield, wrote a story on how I carry many missing and the lost stories within me, and only by bringing them forward will I be provided an understanding to what I hold within.


Setterfield wrote: “There are stories that may be told aloud, and stories that must be told in whispers, and there are stories that are never told at all.”

How do you feel about listening to a story? Do you claim listening to a book as the same as reading a paperback too?

I recently saw where Finland had good research on how enabling closed captions to children's programs enhanced their children into becoming more fluent in word recognition toward reading.

Note to self, find a way to tell the kids without being "nosey nana" to turn on closed captions.

https://www.leonredbone.com/news
RIP Leon Redbone; saw him play in a club years ago. He had a.... unique skill set. Amazing whistler. His ability to do hand shadow puppets was staggeringly good.
And, of course, terrific musician.

No comments:

So you think you can dance?

i love rolled up socks