Sunday, March 06, 2011

times up

I saw a marbled pattern, that took me back to my childhood...the marbled pattern reminded me of a diary I took to camp......then I am sailing...through my memories ....... maybe it was young personhood...since I'm now in my remembrance of wanting to live at camp so much that I applied only for camp counselor positions. There was the camp in North Carolina for water director... I always figured I lost that job telling the owner of the camp, as she drove me,to a mountain lake that housed the sailboats and canoes I did not much care for the job's title: "no one could really direct water".... or maybe it was telling her campers picking their own apple story was not unique, I had done it growing up at Sanford's hockey camp.

I probably was out of her class element... She really never appeared to me to be a camper in her heart. She lavishly lived in a huge home, high on the mountain with vistas of the valley, she drove a mercedes coupe... she wore all white... how many outdoors folks wear all white... desert robes don't count... beekeeper garb excluded too... even her hair was all white. Or grey haha... o well how would my life have changed... working for the snowwhite queen of camps.
I got my first job rejection... in a matter of fact, you don't fit in to our camp image letter. I drove a vega, wore my skirt with boots and chose to eat my own sandwich?

I went on to become a camp unit leader at Camp Arrowhead...
writing in my diary... should pull it out to see what a gal I was. See maybe I should have shown I can do more then sail, I could draw her a carolina wren with a white conte crayon!

Have you ever owned a possession that took you on a journey?
I think, when I was young, everything made me imagine. Now....

No comments:

So you think you can dance?

i love rolled up socks